Exposure to the rays of the sun makes the skin darker in color, which is commonly referred to as sun tanning. The skin shows two shades of color and limits the wardrobe. If you are also upset because of sun tanning as it is stopping you to wear your favorite tee or skirt or dress, there is nothing to worry. Here are 5 DIY home remedies to get rid of sun tan:
- Tomato, lemon juice and yogurt face pack: Lemon juice, tomato and yogurt are excellent bleaching agents and once these ingredients are applied on the face as a pack, they also help to improve the skin tone. You can say goodbye to pigmentation and dark spots. Yogurt is a great moisturizer and it nourishes the skin. Tomato pulp reduces the oiliness of the skin. Just mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with two tablespoons of tomato pulp and one tablespoon of yogurt. Apply the pack on the face and wash with cold water after half an hour.
- Cucumber, lemon juice and rose water pack: Cucumber is a natural bleaching agent while lemon juice is rich in vitamin C that helps to lighten the skin. Rose water is a cooling agent and helps to soothe blemished skin. This is one of the easiest and most effective packs that can be prepared at home to get rid of tanning. It can be easily prepared using one tablespoon each of lemon and cucumber juice along with rose water. Apply it on the skin and wash with cold water after ten minutes.
- Oatmeal and buttermilk face pack: Oatmeal works as a natural face scrub helps to exfoliate the skin naturally. It also helps to remove dead skin cells and blackheads. Buttermilk moisturizes and soothes the skin and also heals blisters. If you are short of time, then this is the pack that will help you save time and remove tanning. Just take three tablespoons of buttermilk and mix with two tablespoons of oatmeal. Apply it to the affected areas of your body and massage in circular motion. Wash with water after twenty minutes.
- Strawberry and milk cream face pack: Not only is this a yummy treat, it is also a great way to improve one’s complexion. Strawberries help to lighten the skin and reduce pigmentation, dark spots and freckles. Milk helps to nourish the skin deeply. For this pack, all you need is four crushed strawberries mixed with two tablespoons of milk cream. Apply it on the face and wash with water after half an hour.
- Pineapple and honey face mask: Pineapple is very rich in Vitamin C, which is a great antioxidant and helps to lighten the skin and also reduces fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Pineapple also contains various enzymes, which remove dead skin cells. Honey helps to moisturize the skin and soften it. Just mix one tablespoon of honey with two tablespoons of pineapple pulp and apply on the face. Rinse with water after five minutes.
Apart from the above, one must always wear a good sunscreen while leaving home. If it is really important to leave home while it is sunny, make it a point to cover yourself. This will work as a preventive measure against sun tan.