Are you planning to host a family dinner? Are you looking for some simple finger food recipes that are easy to cook and sumptuous at the same time? Then you need not worry. Here are some tempting finger food recipes that will make your guests rave about them:
- Salad on a stick
Add a colorful recipe to your dinner menu. It is a great addition, especially in the summers. You just need your favorite salad ingredients, cut into bite-sized pieces. Spear them through the skewers to make easy-to-eat appetizers. Make it little creative by adding blueberries, cherries, strawberries, cranberries and feta cheese. Some of the popular combinations that you can try are, Caprese salad, goat cheese and strawberry salad, prosciutto melon salad, Greek salad and Fruit salad.
- Curried Eggs
This finger food will surely add a visual appeal to your spread. The curried eggs is an easy and quick recipe that will leave the guests asking for more. You can easily keep the eggs refrigerated until you are ready to serve. Here is the recipe to make curried eggs:
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- One and half teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon koshers salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a large pot, boil the water. Carefully add the eggs and cook for roughly 12 minutes and then put the eggs into an ice bath till cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half. Scoop the egg yolks into a separate bowl.
- Mix the egg yolks, curry powder, mustard, mayonnaise, and salt. Taste and adjust the seasonings if required.
- Scoop the yolk mixture back into the eggs.
- Garnish it with chopped chives and serve.
- Mini Tortillas with grilled peaches and ricotta cheese
Grilled fruits make for a great barbecue dish. Cool on the inside and charred on the outside, grilled peach provide sensational flavor. Layer the peaches into mini tortilla slices for a salty and sweet finger food.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 ripe peaches (sliced)
- Half cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cut three to four inches diameter circle out of the flour tortillas.
- Pre-heat the ridged griddle pan till it is super hot. Grill the sliced peaches for three to four minutes.
Tip: Grill until the peaches are nicely char-marked and softened.
- Place a spoon of ricotta cheese on the tortilla rounds. Place the pieces of peaches over the cheese and drizzle the maple syrup.
- Fold the tortillas and garnish with the toothpick for a yummy sweet treat.
- Cream cheese wontons
Nothing goes well with the chilled beer than the fried food. Make cream cheese wontons and they will disappear even before you realize it. Here is the recipe for this easy-to-make food:
- Vegetable oil
- Pan for frying
- Slotted metal spoon
- Softened cream cheese block
- Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable or meat as per your choice
- Preheat the oil in the pan until hot.
- Mix the softened cream with the ingredients of your choice (veggies or meat)
- Add salt, pepper and seasonings of your choice.
- Separate the lay the wonton wrappers flat. Drop a spoon of cream cheese mixture into the center.
- Apply few drops of water to the edge of the wonton wrapper and fold the edges forming a triangle.
- Fry the wontons until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain the wontons on paper towels and serve hot.
- Pizza Cones
Handheld pizza cones are truly delicious and the best part is that you can modify the recipe easily by adding toppings to add some variety to your menu. For your ease just follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Metal cone molds
- Aluminum foil
- Cone holder
- Rolling pin
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Baking sheet
- Pizza toppings (cut-up vegetables and cooked sausages)
- Shredded cheese
To make the cones
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a clean work surface of roughly 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut the rolled dough into five-inch squares and place them inside the cone molds. Ensure that the dough wraps around the mold well. Gently, press the edges of the cone to seal it completely.
- Set the wrapped dough cones on the baking sheet. Remember, to keep the open end down. Bake them for 10 minutes or till they become golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool. Once cool to touch, simply remove the molds.
To make the filling
- Place the cones in heat-proof cone holder.
- Add a spoon of the pizza sauce into the cones. Remember, don’t fill more than halfway.
- Add a spoon of vegetable toppings like diced ham, a chunk of cooked sausages, diced onions, pepperoni, and broccoli chunks.
- Fill the rest of the cone with mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Top the cheese with mini pepperonis or olives or peppers or chopped mushrooms.
- Place the cones in the cones holder in the over for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese melts and turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve the pizza cones hot.